THE TERRORIST MIND

Need a killer for a short-fused assassination and no time to wait on a madrassa-indoctrinated martyr? Let Tarik Gomani supply your murderer along with others available to be programmed. Read his latest thriller, THE TERRORIST MIND, from Ted F. Strahan. Available as an e-book from Amazon.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Thankful Thanksgiving

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who reads this blog and to hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As I grow older I find myself looking forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays more each year.

I am so thankful for my family. My brother, sister and I still have the ability to talk regularly by telephone and to discuss our children and the pleasant memories of our parents, and our aunts, uncles, and cousins who have already passed on. I am especially grateful for my wife, her parents and grandparents. Her father and grandparents were very loving to me as their son-in-law, and treated me as if I had always been a part of the family. I miss them. My wife and I eat at Hilda’s, my mother-in-law, every Sunday. My wife is my best friend and I measure all that I do by her approval.

I am especially grateful for the mercies of Jesus Christ. I count all the members of my family as true believers in the saving grace of Jesus, and I have never had to attend the funeral of a relative that did not profess their Christian faith. God is good.

I look forward to Christmas with my family by birth and marriage and with my Church family through the shed blood of Jesus. Most of my friends and family members of my age shake our heads at all that transpires in our earthly world. I know my Dad was aghast at what he observed in his lifetime, and I sometimes wonder, should he be alive today, at how I could begin to explain the morals and positions that we have gotten into as a nation. Thank goodness our faith is not dependent on this world, our leaders, and this nation, but on the enduring promise of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

And on a personal note finally, I would ask you to check down the right side of this blog to the heading “Who I Follow”. You will see a new link entitled “laurenstrahan.com”. My daughter, also an author, has just begun a blog, and I know she would appreciate you passing a moment of time with her musings.


Ho, Ho, Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment