THE TERRORIST MIND

Need a killer for a short-fused assassination and no time to wait on a madrassa-indoctrinated martyr? Let Tarik Gomani supply your murderer along with others available to be programmed. Read his latest thriller, THE TERRORIST MIND, from Ted F. Strahan. Available as an e-book from Amazon.com.

Friday, October 30, 2015

A Few Thoughts on Iran, Trump, and Personal Request

I thought I might engage a few different subjects instead of just exasperatingly pounding away at a single topic. Besides, the longer I spend on a single subject the more I tend to froth all over my keyboard, and my wife hates to get that stuff on her fingers as she edits out my mistakes (for the record, commas are the bane of my existence).

We have just decided to send Special Ops personnel to Syria although the presidential mouthpiece, Josh Earnest, states that this is an action that was decided a year ago as an “intensification strategy.” I guess it is just a coincidence that it appears to be a response to the increased Russian presence and weaponry at the disposal of Bashar al-Assad. The article (full article here) ends by stating that the increased military forces should not raise hopes. “The President has been quite clear that there is no military solution to the problems that are plaguing Iraq and Syria.” This statement begs the question as to why we send in troops if they are not the answer? I believe I have the answer. Russia as everyone knows is supporting the forces of Assad and is doing so at the expense of CIA trained anti-Assad rebels. It would be both risky and imprudent to try and protect our investment in rebel activity by confronting Russian military forces through a no-fly zone or in any type of standoff. However, if we make it known that we have embedded our Special Ops personnel in the rebel areas, it then puts the burden on Putin to either continue supporting the Assad forces in direct contact with the rebel forces and risk killing American troops, or limiting Russian attacks to ISIS targets. It is not a military risk for Obama, but it is highly risky for the Americans on the ground. Another Benghazi scenario waiting to occur.

As to the Trump phenomena, if you were still wondering why Donald Trump maintains his poll numbers, all you have to do is observe what occurred in Washington this week. John Boehner violated every promise he made to the Republican voting base by caving in on the budget. If you remember back to the last elections, the first thing that Mitch McConnell said at his national press conference when it was apparent that the Republicans had won the Senate, was that “there would be no shutdown of the government.” In other words, the leaders of both Houses of Congress ceded the only leverage they had for pressuring Obama to move back toward the center before they ever entered the arena. Whether Trump is, or is not, what America needs as a leader is still up for debate. But what the Republicans have now offers nothing to the Republican voters but a pack of lies.

Now as for the personal side of things, I use this blog for two reasons. One, it gives me a sense of release when I offer up my opinions on whatever subject that strikes my fancy. I tried just stepping outside and railing away at the night sky, but my neighbors seem to find reason for alarm at that. It also irritates my dog who tends to just yowl when I rail. Therefore I blog.  I also and without any apology, use this blog to advertise my novels, which I believe are quite readable. In this vein, I would ask you, dear reader, to pass on my blogs to those whom you think might find it interesting. I also welcome any comments you might have, but at the present time, you have to log in on Google+ for them to appear under the article. So much for blatant self-promotion and on to the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment